i am excited to announce a seasonal handmade exchange! i have so enjoyed the swaps that i have been involved in. it is such a joy to receive the gift of another's time and creativity in exchange for something you have created yourself.
for this exchange, you are invited to create an item intended to enhance one's nature table (or other special niche of one's home). you will be paired with a partner anywhere in the world and you will exchange your item with your partner.
i have the honor of collaborating with jen of sewn natural studio for this project. you can sign up at her blog, by commenting here, or e-mailing either one of us.
inspiration for the swap:
this seasonal swap is inspired by the beauty in the changing seasons and the small tables and collections we have for our young children to mark and enjoy nature and its cycles. we also love to learn about other climates and places in the world, and enjoy having pieces from countries like south africa and australia on our nature table - places where spring is now emerging, instead of fall.
- this swap is open to anyone worldwide
SIGN UP BY Friday, NOVEMBER 12th, 2010
MAIL ITEM BY Wednesday, DECEMBER 1st, 2010
- as a participant, if you sign up, you should be willing to mail overseas and honor the swap commitment in terms of timelines
- by signing up you agree to send (swap) at least 1 item that is handmade by you, with an optional 2nd item that may or may not be handmade but should be as natural as possible (ideas could be a stone, some wool or yarn for crafting, a favorite recipe, etc.). any item(s) should be safe for the mail.
- no returns
- participation is in the spirit of sharing, openness and appreciation
- you don't need to actually have a little nature table or corner in order to participate, you just need to be interested in celebrating nature and the seasons and handcrafting something for someone else, and appreciating the swap of another from somewhere in the world.
in creative appreciation,
p.s. thanks again for all the comments and love for my acorn fairy! the winner of this little beauty is seaside siblings! i will e-mail you shortly for your snail mail address!
signups are now closed for this exchange. thank you!!